What next?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 14:58:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 15:45 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 13:59 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> > Maybe it's time to start the brainstorming for Fedora Core 5 and Fedora
> > Extras 5 - what major features are you willing to put effort into?
>
> I really really really want to see anaconda be able to use yum repos. I
> think it's "on the list", but I strongly feel that it's worth
> reiterating.

The vague plan at this point is to get all of the depsolving, etc using
yum as its backend, but we're probably not going to have UI for adding
more repositories for FC5, at least not in the default install path.
Doing this is a *BIG* change and it really needs to be staged carefully
to avoid disaster[1]

Jeremy

[1] Disaster being defined as my bugzilla mailbox exploding to the point
that there's no way I can keep up with it :-)