What next?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 2 18:16:10 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2005, 13:50 -0400 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Thorsten Leemhuis (fedora at leemhuis.info) said:
> > BTW, I know one german computer magazine that just announced that it
> > will ship with a DVD/CD combo-media soon (CD on one side, double layer
> > DVD on the other). On the DVD-Side there is a Suse-Live-Media and a
> > install versions of Suse for i386 and x86_64. On the CD side there is a
> > lot of windows software.
> >
> > Something like that should be possible with Fedora, too. Maybe without
> > the Live-CD part for now.
>
> The big issue with *this* is that the CD media might not be useful for
> some CD players; see various online refs on DualDisc.

Okay. But that not our problem if magazines what to ship those discs
(and it seems they do) we should help them with that IMHO (if
possible).

Some may even ship only double layer dvds without the CD backside (if
x86_64 becomes more widespread they probably *will* have to ship both
x86_64 and i386 together). Any argument against those nearly normal DVDs
also? ;-)