What next?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 18:24:09 UTC 2005

Hi

>But yeah, I agree that people translate "I want things to be easy" into "I
>want it to be like on the Mac" internally. That's not necessarily a faulty
>line of thinking though.

No. its not a faulty line of thinking but the Mac solution is based on
the assumption of a monolithic platform. We can produce something
similar with a integrated release structure. we have bits and pieces of
that  in GNOME and elsewhere. More bits like a freedesktop.org platform
and packaging guidelines and naming conventions shared across
distributions would help get similar functionality in Fedora but its a
big process and not everyone is very keen on seeing that happen
unfortunately

regards
Rahul