What next?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jun 3 06:25:26 UTC 2005

> So my answer would be "if FC5 deadlines don't give you enough time to
> complete a given piece of work, target FC6 instead".

Not to be rude but why the hard headed attachment to 'WE MUST RELEASE
EVERY 6 MONTHS'. The gnome people have recently said that new and
interesting development has been stymied somewhat by that schedule and
that development for gnome 3.0 is not going to fit into that schedule.

> On the other hand, someone was also pointing out that there are some
> pieces that really need to be worked on every single release, so it's more
> complicated than that. Maybe we need to try to decouple development work
> from the release cycle a bit more. What if we could make it so that
> hardcore development work could go on throughout all six months of the
> development cycle?

I'd love to see how you do that given the available resources. I just
don't see my time being any more available than it is currently.

-sv