What next?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 17:35:53 UTC 2005

Aph wrote:
> Le Mercredi 1 Juin 2005 19:59, Elliot Lee a écrit :
>
>>Maybe it's time to start the brainstorming for Fedora Core 5 and Fedora
>>Extras 5 - what major features are you willing to put effort into?
>

> A gnome navigator by defaut : firefox is not a good choice : it's in english
> only and many localisation don't work.

I added quite a few localizations installed by default into Fedora Core
4's version of Firefox.  Try firefox-1.0.4-4 or later.  From the changelog:

- Add support for locales:
     af-ZA, ast-ES, ca-AD, cs-CZ, cy-GB, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR,
     en-GB  es-AR, es-ES, eu-ES, fi-FI, fr-FR, ga-IE, he-IL,
     hu-HU, it-IT, ko-KR, ja-JP, ja-JPM, mk-MK, nb-NO, nl-NL,
     pa-IN, pl-PL, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sl-SI,
     sq-AL, sv-SE, tr-TR, zh-CN, zh-TW

> Galeon or Epiphany are better choice for remplace Mozilla by defaut.

Is your only complaints about Mozilla/Firefox the language issue?  If
you strongly feel that those browsers are better choices, you should
qualify those with reasons to back your statement up.  Making general
statements is no way to fix the issue.  If I know what's wrong, I can
address it properly.

Thanks