Wish list

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Jun 5 23:37:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 05:36:08PM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 6/5/05, Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:
> > - Auto update is not reliable/graphical enough, or never has been for me.
> >   Maybe it's fixed in FC4.
> > - Auto update breaks nvidia drivers every few weeks
>
> breaks the nvidia drivers.... installed from rpms?
>
> now that dkms is in extras... i really hope the packagers of the
> nvidia rpms look into it as making it easier to avoid updating
> problems.

John Hull from Dell has packaged up the NVidia drivers that we release
for our Precision workstations, using DKMS.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/video/
 dell-nvidia-7167-5dkms.src.rpm
 dell-nvidia-7167-multiarch-5.tar.gz

I don't know where he's at with getting NVidia do to this work for
him, but as long as we've got to do it, it'll get done...

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch