question about RedHat/Fedora and the GPL

condition terminal conditionterminal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 04:26:12 UTC 2005

OK, firstly, I am sorry if I am miss understanding the text of the GPL.

The part I am questioning is this:

---QUOTE---
complete source code means all the source code for all modules it
contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the
scripts used to control compilation and installation of the
executable.
--END--QUOTE---

should this not mean that the likes of "beehive" be distributed?

Beehive is used to create and build the entire distro, including but
not limited too GPL based software.

I only ask since I have been looking around and many comments have
been that RH will not release it and people are told to go use mach
etc.

The same applies to the scripts for building the ISOs. I have seen
examples of what people have been doing, but no comment form
RH/Fedora.

Am I barking up the wrong tree and completely missing the point?

ta.