What next?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jun 6 05:07:21 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2005, 15:12 -0400 schrieb Jeff Spaleta:
> On 6/5/05, Michael Tiemann <tiemann at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I even think that your suggestion
> > of a one-time-for-now 9 month cycle could make sense.
>
> +1

-1

The whole world (and the press also) knows "Suse and Fedora usually ship
in April/May and September/October". Okay, with FC4 we're a bit late.
But it would IMHO be nice if it could stay this way.

And with a 9 Month schedule this time we would have the end of the beta
phase around/after Chrismas. And (if we go back to 6 month after that)
the next one during the summer holidays. I suspect that will decrease
testing (and work spend just before release).

And we'll get a lot of "gnome 2.{12,14} is out since three month --
where are Fedora packages."

Just my 2 cent

CU
thl