question about RedHat/Fedora and the GPL

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue Jun 7 07:46:31 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 13:23, condition terminal wrote:
> hehe.. no no.. beehive isnt a factor in providing rpms... but we will
> just patch in beehive support and intergrate beehive into the build
> process, but then claim it has nothing to do with GPL and is free
> from the T&C of the GPL...

Now you are reaching troll status.

"The" build process is rpmbuild.  Redhat so happens to hack together a
meta-builder on top.  So what.  Beehive is old and you would make more
progress and contribution to the community by helping with tools like
mach/mock.

Even if they did release beehive, which they have no obligation to do,
it would be useless.

--
-jeff