Firstboot: Module to add other OS partitions' entry to fstab

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:26:01 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> Well, for admins I suppose that gconf-editor is pretty good?

gconf-editor can be..adequate.. under certain conditions.  The primary
one being you know exactly what boolean you are looking for before you
go looking for it and its not a critically important setting.  I would
suggest that a boolean that can have serious system-wide effects like
the problems you described in your post isn't something people
shouldn't have to troll through the gconf tree for.. in a panic.  We
aren't talking about turning on metacity wireframe window moving to
get a slight speedup on low end hardware. You mentioned potential data
corruption situations... i think thats important enough to expose in
sort sort of dedicated ui.  Potentially important enough to be a
firstboot dialog.

-jef