Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

Michael Wiktowy mwiktowy at gmx.net
Tue Jun 7 19:09:03 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 22:14 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
>

>>fre, 03.06.2005 kl. 19.02 skrev Bill Nottingham:
>>

>>>Due to some unforseen complications, Fedora Core 4 is now
>>>scheduled for general availability on June 13. We apologize for
>>>the inconvenience.
>>>
>>>Bill
>>>

>><curious>
>>What where the complications?
>></curious>
>>

>vetting the name for the release through legal.
>
>not that anyone ever USES the name for anything, but hey, names are fun,
>sorta.
>
>-sv

If this is the case, do they have to go through the same release
procedure for a nameless test release?
If not, what is stopping the Fedora project from releasing a nameless
release candidate immediately for a week of final bashing of
installation/CD mastering and Extras integration issues?
Supposedly, everything was all ready to go yesterday in a technical
sense and this is just a legal delay.
Doing an rc release and a short time later re-badging it as the final
product is not unusual and could make for a more flawless final release.

/Mike