OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list]

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 7 20:41:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, June 7, 2005 3:57 pm, Felipe Alfaro Solana said:

> Don't see why they can be bad for my system: I've never had problems with
> them (even when CONFIG_PREEMPT and CONFIG_4K_STACKS), have been using them
> for more than 3 months with all unstable/testing kernel releases up to
> 2.6.12-rc6 and performance is exceptional with them loaded.

People should probably take the word of those who have been bringing Linux
to the world for many years over someone who has been experimenting for 3
months.
For anyone with valuable data on their system, it's very bad advice to go
anywhere near binary drivers.  For those with nothing worthwhile on their
system, and no concept of how and why Linux was created, go nuts.

Sean