"I plan to work on..." for FC5

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Fri Jun 10 15:59:35 UTC 2005

On Friday 10 June 2005 23:40, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 23:39 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > Currently, /etc/init.d/bluetooth start don't work unless I have the
> > usb plugged in.  But, when you plug it in, sdp, et al don't start.
> > There's gotta be a way around this.
>
> That's strange. hcid and sdpd ought to be running before you connect
> the usb device. Are they? What do they do when you plug the device
> in?
Fedora Core 3 (haven't check FC4 test):

[root at kubik ~]# service bluetooth start
Can't open RFCOMM control socket: Address family not supported by
protocol

[root at kubik ~]# ps -ef |grep hcid
root      1861  1728  0 23:51 pts/4    00:00:00 grep hcid
[root at kubik ~]#

When I plug in I get "Failed to connect to the SDP server." in
kdebluetooth.

> What happens if you kill hcid, then run it from a terminal with '-n'?
[root at kubik ~]# hcid -n
hcid[2190]: Bluetooth HCI daemon

> What does it do when you plug the device in?
[root at kubik ~]# hcid -n
hcid[2190]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[2190]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[2190]: HCI dev 0 up
hcid[2190]: Starting security manager 0
hcid[2190]: link_key_request (sba=00:0E:A1:04:86:FF,
dba=00:0E:6D:2B:42:05)

Works great.

So, I think it's a /etc/init.d/bluetooth problem.

If I take it out, and the execute /etc/init.d/bluetooth start, it's
okay.  Only on cold bootup and prior to plugging it in, it goofs on the
daemon.  Go figger.  Ideas?

--
-jeff