"I plan to work on..." for FC5

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Sat Jun 11 01:05:00 UTC 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 07:32, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:59:35PM +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > [root at kubik ~]# service bluetooth start
> > Can't open RFCOMM control socket: Address family not supported by
> > protocol
>
> That usually means the bluetooth kernel modules are not loaded. What
> does lsmod show ?

When I nuke the modules out, I get the above response.  I have this
in /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias net-pf-31 bluez
alias bt-proto-0 l2cap
alias bt-proto-2 sco
alias bt-proto-3 rfcomm

I tried adding this:

alias char-major-216-* rfcomm

But, I still cannot get rfcomm to autoload.  If I execute "modprobe" at
the commandline, it works.  (ie. modprobe rfcomm).  I guess I could put
this hackery in rc.sysinit:

echo -n $"Initializing hardware... "

ide=""
scsi=""