Smart package manager (was Re: Making update functionality more usable (Was: Re: What next?))

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sat Jun 11 00:40:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 20:29 +1000, Mike MacCana wrote:

> 1. I'd like to add smart install to Extras.

Please go thru the Fedora Extras new maintainer process, and package
away!

> - Its a replacement for yum / apt-get / up2date / synaptic / etc.

It must /work alongside/ and can't *replace* Core tools. We've done away
with the idea of Fedora Alternatives, in where a core replacement could
sit (in theory)

> 2. What's pup? Where can I find out more about it? What's it's
> relationship to s-c-p?

Mailing list archives, fedora-config-list will be helpful.
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
FUDCon II @ LinuxTag