Where is it ? :)

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Mon Jun 13 15:43:49 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 23:22, Sean Bruno wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 23:18 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > Kinda sucks to "help" when dl speed = 20 KB/s through torrent; but,
> > a local ftp mirror = 150 KB/s.  Can we use local ftp mirrors as
> > distributed copies in bittorrent?  I'm not all that conversant with
> > the tool..
>
> Not to be critical, but my DSL connection(1.544) is maxed out on
> these torrents.  I am seeing close to 190KB/s coming down and I am
> uploading at close to 30KB/S to the torrent.  Maybe you are not
> waiting long enough for the torrent to really get going?

Been running for 33 minutes with an improvement of only 10KB/s since my
last email.  Does it need to go longer?  (I have 8Mb DSL, should be
around 500KB/s to max the line)

MRTG shows bandwidth spikes on 1:

http://symbiont.shacknet.nu/mrtg/

I feel like the pipe is saturated doing something.  Not sure what.  SSH
is slower than dog going out (no QoS setup...).  Ftp of unrelated file
is down to 16KB/s.  Technically, it shouldn't be.

I'm noticing this on occasion:

 error(s):[23:26:33] Traceback (most recent call last):
	      [23:42:55] Traceback (most recent call last):

I think the kashmir module is tripping up on assertion where Node !=
NULL or something.  I don't dare restart it at this point...  It's
still downloading!!

--
-jeff