Yum Upgrade Faq

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Jun 15 12:06:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 03:07 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > yum-2.2.0-0.fc3  is what I was starting with.  After pulling down the
> > new fedora-release and installing it, I tried to yum -y update yum.  It
> > wanted to pull in a large amount of stuff which led to the openoffice
> > problem.
>
> okay - just run:
> yum upgrade
>
> and see what it does.
>
> -sv

Unfortunately, I just pulled out OO and the upgrade went fine.  My next
question, though really not yum related, is:  What is the proper,
recommended, cleanest, easiest, safest way to upgrade PostgreSQL since
we've gone from 7.4.x to 8.0.x?  This certainly is something that can
bite a lot of folks that don't know that it won't start after the
upgrade.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>