Upgrade through network

Gland Vador glandvador at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 13:28:30 UTC 2005

Hello,

Some thoughts about installing/upgrading the fedora distribution.

This morning (before going to work) I want to launch the upgrade of my
fc3 to the newest and greatest. So well, in order to minimize my
download I want to do it through the net. I burned the rescue CD and
boot on it. I then choose the ftp method, the mirror address and then,
well then I wait in front of my screen 25 minutes reading "retrieving
stage2.img". After that, some screens later, I was stuck with the
message "reading packages list". After waiting 5 minutes, I left for work.
Definitely, there should be some progress meters, just to tell how much
time it will take.
Also, there should be an ISO image, something like the rescue CD,
containing all this informations, to not wait so much time, pressing
"next", just to start real upgrading.
Real upgrading, I don't care, because I don't need to be here.

Edd.