rawhide report: 20050617 changes

Ziga Mahkovec ziga.mahkovec at klika.si
Mon Jun 20 14:21:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 09:21 +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec at klika.si> [2005-06-17 15:51]:
> > > I was wondering why gnu.regexp was included, given that it's
> > > already part of libgcj?
> >
> > I'm not sure.  Gary?
>
> Er, one of the jonas packages required it, so I added it. I'll see if
> it can be removed.  It might be that we have to cause java-gcj-compat
> to Provides: gnu.regexp to make it seamless.

I see; this was just a heads-up -- having two slightly different
versions of the same library in classpath could cause trouble.

On the other hand, there are some discussions about replacing gnu.regexp
with jregex in GNU Classpath (for performance reasons), so it's possible
you'd have to add it back in later :/

> We also ship gnu.getopt; is that removable too, do you know?

It's not part of Classpath/libgcj.  And a quick scan with repoquery
suggests no other package provides it.

--
Ziga