A map of Fedora packages and dependencies

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Tue Jun 21 14:38:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 15:49, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:45:20AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Tarjei Knapstad (tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com) said:
> > > Would it be possible to map out the package dependencies in Fedora by
> > > doing rpm queries and forming a directed graph of the results? (by using
> > > graphviz or something like that)
> > http://adrian.gimp.org/rpm-graph/
>
> That doesn't work with recent rpm python bindings. But I'm glad to see you
> refer to it, because I feel less dumb for not knowing that an equivalent
> program, "rpmgraph", is included in the rpm-devel package itself.

Thanks Bill, Matthew.

Looks like rpmgraph only works on a set of available packages though,
and not on the local DB of already installed RPM's.

In any case, the example graph for RH 7.0 was a lot more of a clutter
than I had feared/hoped and pretty much unusable as a reference. Think
I'll just forget about this for now...

Thanks again,
--
Tarjei