Enable Default CONFIG_IP6_NF_QUEUE?

Jeff Weston Jeffery.Weston at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Jun 21 17:43:57 UTC 2005

Userspace queueuing of IPv6 packets (CONFIG_IP6_NF_QUEUE kernel option) has been significantly improved in the 2.6.12 kernel.
Userspace queueing is already enabled by default for IPv4 packets, but it does not seem to be enabled for IPv6 packets even in the
FC4 release kernel.

Would it be possible for future Fedora updates to enable CONFIG_IP6_NF_QUEUE (as a module) by default?  I doubt that enabling it as
a module would cause any problems, and it would be extremely useful in cases where IPv6 packets need to be modified before being
sent out an interface.  We would be using it in the immediate future for multicast forwarding/flooding in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
(MANETs), though it has potential applications in Mobile IPv6 and elsewhere.

Thanks for your consideration.
-Jeff Weston