pwdutils

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 20:53:23 UTC 2005

Hi

>>Time to revive Fedora Alternatives perhaps?
>>

>I think so. It's a good place to test potential replacements for
>technology in core that can't be tested in Extras due to this very
>reason - conflicts.
>
>It also could potentially be used to test some neat ideas that modify
>core products, such as Elektra (which I think is a good idea ...)
>
>The downside is it would require infrastructure which costs money and
>time and the ROI for Red Hat may not be worth it.

Fedora Alternatives if ever happens would definitely be something that
happens outside of Red Hat and by the community, since whatever is
shipped in Core is the way Red Hat wants it to be. Just as Extras
provides a way to compliment Core, Alternatives would a set of
potentially disruptive but neverthless good ideas by the community and
as such wouldnt have a negative impact in ROI.  Ignore me. Talk is cheap ;-)

regards
Rahul