Single sign-on infrastructure (FC5 wish)

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Thu Jun 23 00:43:43 UTC 2005

Mike MacCana wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 10:11 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>
>>A single replication infrastructure.  I use the MIT KDC because it's
>>what Red Hat happens to ship, but I'd much rather have everything in
>>LDAP instead of having two separate systems to configure and maintain.
>
> So Heimdal can use an LDAP data store? Sweet. Thanks so much for your
> post.

Works fine here, except Heimdal keeps creating its krb5Principal
under the root node instead of folding them into ou=KerberosPrincipals
as I told in the config file.

> I've wanted MIT krb5 to do this (in a non hacky way) for ages.

Novell says they've contributed this to MIT, but I can't
see it in their CVS repository yet.

> Can Heimdal do Kerberos over TCP, and does it support MS specific
> encryption types, like MIT Kerberos does?

A quick check with netstat appears to confirm it also
listens to TCP ports.

MS encryptation support is the main reason I switched to
Heimdal.  I thought MIT still refused to add Microsoft's
"extensions" for ethical reasons... I'm surprised to hear
they're now implemented.

But what I like the most about Heimdal is that kadmin
uses readline for proper history and line editing support.
and also uses nicer names for commands :-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/