FC4 kernel performance

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Thu Jun 23 01:51:00 UTC 2005

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 11:43 -0400, Malita, Florin wrote:

> Ah, but is Unixbench a relevant benchmark for a desktop?  For example
> making process creation 15% faster isn't very useful if process creation
> accounts for .001% of application startup time.

Depends what you do on your desktop.  Running init and cron
scripts, building auto-tooled projects, and many other common
activities result in several thousands short-lived processes
being created.

Don't we want to end up like Win32, where they're forced to
use a broken threading model just because CreateProcessEx()
is damn slow? :-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/