Cairo [was: rawhide report: 20050621 changes]

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jun 25 18:09:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 18:51 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> I honestly don't know which one it's ignoring.
> I spent quite a long time hunting the 96dpi references last year, and
> firefox still finds a way to use a different size of the rest of the
> desktop, so it's ignoring all the changes I made at the time

We completely replaced the entire font rendering path on the desktop
(and most of the rest of the rendering), and there's some bugs in
honoring the DPI values. The horror!  The horror!

I guess we should take it as a complement that these are the things
that people are complaining about :-)

Regards,
						Owen