Fedora Core LT -- Cobind Linux ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Jun 27 02:37:28 UTC 2005

From: OmniUni <omniuni at gmail.com>
> Linux and Open Source are about choice.
> Fedora Core LT would be about lightness.

First, I would direct your interest to the Cobind Project:
  http://www.cobind.com/

Those gentlemen have done an excellent job, especially supporting more
legacy hardware.

> Oh, and btw, all packages are in either Fedora Core Base or Extras. Fedora
> Core packages would all be compatable with FC-LT. Therefore, it can
> certainly be called a Fedora Core.

Secondly, no, I would not re-introduce the whole trademark issues again.

It was bad enough that people got "Red Hat Linux" that was _not_
"Red Hat(R) Linux" (e.g., Cobalt, Sun, etc...), and I don't want to see
that again with "Fedora(TM) Core."

Call it something else.  Or just hook up with the Cobind guys/gals.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->