gnome-pilot patches need applying

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 11:09:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 03:55 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> Interesting, I notice the greater latency you mention on FC4 compared
> with FC3, but for some reason the older pilot-link is more tolerant of
> the increased delay.  I am using a locally built-from-SRPM on FC4
> version of pilot-link-0.11.8-3 which has a patch to enable the Perl
> bindings (which I need for SyncBBDB).  Have you tried rebuilding the
> earlier binaries from the last FC3 SRPM on your new FC4 installation
> and using them?

Yes.  Also using the FC3 binary rpm directly, and using a static linked
FC3 pilot-xfer.

There is a narrow window which I can hit now I know I am aiming for
getting to /dev/ttyUSB1 as early as possible with any of those.  I have
only been attempting to get it working at all so just using the list
function - rather than seriously using pilot-xfer to do work.

Personally I think that we should just drop everything back down to a
0.11.x pilot-tools release and use a tool chain which basically works
throughout - although it will be painful to release a down-reved update
due to packaging side effects.

Maybe I should open a bug against udev/hotplug to see why things are so
damn slow now.

	Nigel.