C++ compatibility package dropped

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Jun 28 17:28:39 UTC 2005

From: "Stuart Jansen" <sjansen at gurulabs.com>

> ideas have been suggested. But complaining isn't helpful. Arguing that
> Fedora or any F/OSS developer is morally obliged to bend over backwards
> to please users for free is repugnant. (BTW, if you think my attack and
> characterization is unfair, so was yours.)

Yes, it is an unfair attack. I didn't attack anybody, I just argued against
the choice of not including relevant compatibility libraries.

This doesn't amount to arguing for any bending acrobatics -- just that we
could make life easier for everybody if we are more careful with some of
these backwards compatibility issues.

And complaining (within limits) is helpful -- how else will the Fedora
project get feedback from the comunity? Isn't this the purpose of the
project?

I think it's harmful to kill such feedback with "shut up, it's free"
sort of attitude.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.