gnome-pilot patches need applying

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 21:17:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 16:24 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > Yep, you're right, sorry for the noise. It's in all TreeViews, not just
> > gpilot.
> >

> Thanks - that's useful information.  I've commented on and changed the
> component of that bug to gtk2 accordingly.
>
> So apart from that problem, how well is rawhide gnome-pilot working for
> you?  For me, with a USB pilot it picks up on a sync about 50% of the
> time (possibly the timing issues suggested by Nigel Metheringham), and
> when it does, the UI appears and appears to run the conduits correctly.
> Backing up appears to work, but synchronization doesn't seem to be
> actually synchronizing - only calendars seem to sync OK.

Well, it gets to sync's pretty much every time - except it seems to
delete all the data on my palm, i.e. it seems to /move/ the data to
evolution as a one way transfer!

Using pilot-link directly seems to work okay, but I think some of the
API porting has broken jpilot, as that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anyway, gpilotd seems much happier (i.e. it does something, but I think
we need to nail the deleting issue) before an updates-released is
released. What about putting versions in updates-testing so that
less-brave-than-rawhide people can try out gnome-pilot?

Richard.