Fedora Core 5 Idea

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 19:17:29 UTC 2005

DMC Mandrake wrote:

> Hello
>
> 1: Please replace clearlooks by bluecurve, its the offcial artwork and
> i like it !

If you like it, you can use it. It still exists. Themes are a subjective
taste and clear looks is the default now for GNOME.

> 2: make a new version of system-config-boot, is not too many configurable

File the enhancement requests in bugzilla.redhat.com

> 3: Make new wallpaper, splashscreen, and GDM theme, in Blue its really
> good

Ideas are cooking up in fedora-marketing list. You are welcome to
participate and let us know your ideas on it

> 4: Make a Graphic Shutdown

Already in the wish list. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wishlist.
Personally I like the idea of doing something similar to the early GDM
login and new init script to make bootup faster to apply to shutdown too
so that it not slow enough to add graphics to make the wait look better

regards
Rahul