Package pruning for FC4 and beyond

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 09:36:17 UTC 2005

EL> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:51:06 -0500 (EST), Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > A while back I tried to work out the whole "text mode browser" confusion.
>> > There is also w3m in the mix. Each of them has unique attributes for
>> > particular users (blind users, CJK users, etc.) Someone such as yourself
>> > needs to find out all the details, pick the best one or two for the
>> > overall Fedora audience, and move the other(s) to Extras.
>>
>> is there a reasonable good checklist of 'details' people are suppose
>> to be looking for? Its very easy to forget about CJK users or the like
>> if you personally never have to deal with the tech issues that raises.

EL> Akira is the RH package owner of w3m, and he's well qualified to fill us
EL> in on the details because he did that last time I brought the issue up ;-)

Though I mentioned in the another mail on this thread, the
details is simple. even if we use UTF-8 for the default
locale, the web page isn't necessarily UTF-8. but both lynx
and elinks doesn't take care of it. that's all for the
internationalization.  We could just ignore it, but it will
make it terrible and unusable thing then.

--
Akira TAGOH