reducing distribution CD count

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 1 14:05:22 UTC 2005

>I think Alan was meaning more from a political standpoint. I suspect
>that Red Hat staff have more justification for fixing things in Core
>than Extras.

I don't think I understand how this is political. We're talking about a
single command post-install. He was talking about debugging, I don't
think it's CRAZY that a developer have to run a single command in order
to debug something.

bzflag and tuxracer were not in the normal install in core, iirc. So why
is it harder to install them now than before?

is it b/c they're in a separate repo? But that repo will be on by
default for fc4, so how is that harder for the end user or developer?

-sv