dovecot, cyrus (was Re: Package pruning for FC4 and beyond)

Marius Andreiana malists at epon.ro
Tue Mar 1 15:21:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:29 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 09:24:40AM -0500, Eric Warnke wrote:
> > dovecot - IPAP server - 2 objections, but if you can server to the
> > internet, you can download it from extras.  Ether this or cyrus should
> > be cut.
>
> Cyrus should go then. Dovecot works for any user but Cyrus requires an expert
> to set up its way of doing things.
cyrus works great for large number of users/domains, with authentication
from databases instead of system users. Please keep both (I never used
dovecot, but it looks to work out-of-the-box compared to cyrus). Btw,
cyrus default config should work with system users in the same way live
dovecot?

--
Marius Andreiana
Epon Business Applications