FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 21:38:41 UTC 2005

On Mar  1, 2005, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 23:15 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> On Feb 28, 2005, Eric Warnke <eric at snowmoon.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 2) Do what I do.  Kickstart %post section that installs a rpm with
>>> updates fot yum repos as well as new ones.  I import all the necessary
>>> keys and do a "yum -y update" and then "yum -y install
>>> packagename".
>>
>> Yeah, I had something like that at some point.  selinux attributes are
>> somewhat messed up when you do this.  At least they still are for the
>> configuration stuff I run in %post, that among other things runs
>> texhash, and tex config files get incorrectly-labeled.

> Can you elaborate a bit?  Is this really just doing:

> yum install blah

Nope, it's not actually doing any of that.  What it's doing now is
running a script that contains:

  grep ['^portuges[ 	]'] \
    /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat > /dev/null ||
  VISUAL="emacs -batch -nw -l `pwd`/latex-hyphen.el" \
    texconfig hyphen latex

  egrep \
    ['^@ [a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9]* [0-9][0-9.]*(in|mm) [0-9][0-9.]*(in|mm)$'] \
      /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps |
    sed 1q |
    grep letter > /dev/null ||
  texconfig dvips paper letter

  grep '^o$' /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps > /dev/null ||
  texconfig dvips printcmd -

latex-hyphen.el follows:

(progn
  (find-file (car command-line-args-left))
  (replace-regexp "^%!* *portuges" "portuges")
  (save-buffer 0)
  (save-buffers-kill-emacs))

After running the above during %post, most of the tex config files
will have incorrect labels, that a post-reboot fixfiles run will fix.

I also run stuff such as:

    gpg --import $keyfile
    gpg --import `/usr/sbin/up2date --gpg-flags` $keyfile
    rpm --import $keyfile

in %post, for a number of ${keyfile}s, and, in a fresh install,
the newly-created files /root/.gnupg will be mislabeled too.