Nethack (was: Re: Package pruning for FC4 and beyond)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Mar 2 20:48:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 10:13 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Ville Skytt <ville.skytta at iki.fi> said:
> > On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 12:36 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > > Mmm... nethack.  I had a good nethack package a while back; sounds like
> > > a good excuse to clean it up and learn about maintaining a package in
> > > Extras.
> >
> > Already there, "yum install nethack-falconseye".
>
> I saw that, but I want the current "real" nethack.

As I tried to say, nethack-falconseye *includes* the "real" nethack
(version 3.4.1, so it's lagging slightly behind).  See my earlier post
how to launch the "real" one instead of the fancy GUI.

> I'll work on it when I get a chance.

As long as a reasonably recent version of the traditional one is bundled
in nethack-falconseye, I think that time would be better spent on
something else.  There should be a new NHFE release out soon, which will
probably satisfy also the "current" part of what you want above.