kernel-2.6.11-1.1166_FC4.src.rpm

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Mar 4 02:55:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 21:46 -0500, Sean wrote:
> On Thu, March 3, 2005 9:44 pm, David Cary Hart said:
> >>
> >> It died a while back. Use the SRPM instead.
> >
> > WHAT SRPM? Note that I am referring to "src.rpm" from which I have
> > always been able to build source. The result should be kernel-
> > sourcecode-2.6.11-1.1166_FC4.rpmbuild.i686.rpm. This was accomplished
> > through:
> >

> Hi David,
>
> It's been widely discussed and is mentioned in the release notes.  There
> is no real need for kernel-source as it duplicates the contents of the
> src.rpm itself.
>
> See:  http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=1

No. What has been widely discussed is the elimination of the pre-
compiled kernel-source. HOWEVER, I have always been able to compile the
kernel-source myself from the src.rpm. The current src.rpm does not have
the code necessary for creating kernel-source. There is no way to
customize the FC4 kernel without hacking the config files which is a
VERY bad idea.

I am very well aware of the FC3 release notes. In fact:
http://www.tqmcube.com/fc3_custom_kernel.htm
--
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam: http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm