MySQL Version

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 19:26:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:12:00 -0500, Eric Warnke <eric at snowmoon.com> wrote:
> I would say that is different because --enablerepo is something most
> user learn to use because of 3rd part repos and FedoraFAQ.  It's one of
> the first things users who want to add additional non-FOSS software learns.

There is no way right now in yum to discover the named of repositories
to enable. A user is never exposed to the name for rawhide while
interacting with the system at all. The only way someone knows to is
if they have been told about it.. or they have gone into the .repo
files and read the labels.  I really dont see how this is different
than a commented out section people will uncomment out things to
enable them.. even fedorafaq used this approach before enablerepo was
available as a switch.

Its a very simple guideline... if you tell someone about rawhide...
take the time to give them your personal understanding of what its
suppose to be used for. Do not give them a chance to assume its tested
update or just another 3rd party repo. Its simply about being
responsible and making sure you do your boy scout best to inform
people.

For people who find the label for rawhide by looking at the .repo
file... its probably a good idea to add a few sentences of text that
try to give an brief explanation about what rawhide actually is.  I'll
file an RFE about that today.

-jef