Including OO templates in fc4

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:44:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:31:13 +1100, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> I don't think that things like backgrounds, themes and OOo templates
> should be installed by default unless the 'Desktop' option is install,
> but the desktop user should be able to have them installed and will most
> likely expect it.

Be specific... you certaintly cant mean that you think people expect
ALL of the possible variations of this crap to be installed.  You have
to strike a balance. you have a few backgrounds... you have a few
themes.... and if oo.org upstream includes templates.. then a few
oo.org templates as well.

Do the upstream oo.org releases include any templates? That's the
first question that has to be answered. if not.. i dont see why fedora
should be including any. Just packing up everything at ooextras and
shipping it would be horrid.. just like packing up everthing from
art.gnome.org would be horrid.  If upstream oo.org releases are
shipping templates then those 'select' templates should be evaluated
at the fedora distribution level.

-jef