Printing system proposal

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 23:09:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:23:52 +0100, Remco Poelstra <remco at beryllium.net> wrote:
> A thread a month ago, with no real results (as far as I can judge) is
> not really something I call 'active'.

i'm just making sure you have read it... as a reference.  You wanted
to have an understanding of what red hat internal discussion was....
that thread is probably the best discussion to-date on this list
concerning printing configuration and was conducted primarily among
red hat developers who are spending some effort on the issue.  More
likely than not more discussion relating to that thread has continued
between tim and john elsewhere, since tim gave every indication that
he was seeking input on something he was 'actively' working on the
issue of replacing s-c-printer.

John's posts in the thread detailing how desktop printing confuration
is currently handled seems particularly relevant to your proposal...
so i wanted to make sure you have read it.. so that you would be
better prepared to talk specifics with the specific red hat
developers.

-jef"give me an R. give me an E. give me a S. give me an E. give me an
A. give me an R. give me a C. give me an H. What's that spell!"spaleta