Bug Reporting Question

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:14:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:06:54 -0500, David Cary Hart <Fedora at tqmcube.com> wrote:
> I installed Evolution 2.2 today (which is remarkably stable). Do I
> report bugs to Fedora, Ximian or both?

evolution 2.2 from where?  I don't see evolution 2.2 in today's
development tree.  If you aren't using an evo package built by red hat
for fedora core, I'm not sure wise it is to file bugs against fedora's
bugzilla.

To generalize Matthew's advice a bit.
In general, report packaging/build problems to the package vendor and
actual program bugs upstream.  If this evo 2.2 package is not built by
red hat you'll need to use the appropriate package vendor's bugzilla
for packaging issues.

-jef