Bug Reporting Question

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Mar 8 17:29:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 12:14 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> evolution 2.2 from where?  I don't see evolution 2.2 in today's
> development tree.  If you aren't using an evo package built by red hat
> for fedora core, I'm not sure wise it is to file bugs against fedora's
> bugzilla.
>
> To generalize Matthew's advice a bit.
> In general, report packaging/build problems to the package vendor and
> actual program bugs upstream.  If this evo 2.2 package is not built by
> red hat you'll need to use the appropriate package vendor's bugzilla
> for packaging issues.

This is a source build. Might bug reporting - possibly - be useful to
the developers in advance of the Fedora build? Might this not - possibly
- lead to patch development? Be assured that I am not asking
rhetorically.
--
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam: http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm