hald causing stutters

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Mar 10 01:29:28 UTC 2005

Since updating last night, I've notice that my system is stuttering.
The UI will pause for a moment and then go along and then pause, and
then go along and well you get what I mean by stuttering.

Watching my CPU use, I get a spike every 5 seconds (a cheap one thousand
and one, two thousand and two quess).

Looking at top, I see hald taking a good chunk of CPU about the same
time as the spike occurs.

This is really quite annoying.  It's essentially a pause in your UI
every 5 seconds or so, including music that's playing and the likes.

Is anyone else seeing this (and hopefully addressing it)?  And does
someone have a stop gap for it until it's resolved?

Rodd