USB card reader gone again

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Mar 11 21:30:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 21:22 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > usb 3-3: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7
> > > usb 3-3: hald timed out on ep0in
> > > usb 3-3: hald timed out on ep0in
> > > usb 3-3: hald timed out on ep0in
> >
> > Here I can see that you're running hal 0.4.7, right?
>
> Nope.
>
> rpm -q hal
> hal-0.5.0-3

That's interesting, this shouldn't happen - please open a bug on hal for
this and attach the output of 'hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes
--retain-privileges'; and after it breaks, the output of 'ps aux|grep
hald'.

You probably need disable the haldaemon service before this with
'/sbin/chkconfig --level 5 haldaemon off' and then reboot.

Thanks,
David