USB card reader gone again

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Mar 11 22:58:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 22:52 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Few questions:
> >
> >  1. does hald appear to work when starting from a terminal window? E.g.
> >     can you run lshal or hal-device-manager? (remember to run it as root
> >     with --daemon=no --verbose=yes --retain-privileges)
>
> Can't find either lshal or hal-device-manager on my system so can't say.

Hmmm

[davidz at daxter hal]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/lshal
hal-0.5.0.cvs20050310-1

[davidz at daxter hal]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/hal-device-manager
hal-gnome-0.5.0.cvs20050310-1

> >  2. Is the situation the same with the 2.6.11-1.1177_FC4 kernel you
> >     original had problems with?
>
> Yes.
>
> I'll open a bugzilla report on this (hal) rather than the kernel as this
> looks more likely given my devices reappear after running haldaemon
> from /etc/init.d

Don't get your hopes high, it won't fix the original problem with
usb-storage getting busted, but hald should cope with that.

Thanks,
David