A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:08:52 UTC 2005

I'm currenly focusing on improving the download time for clients over
limited bandwidth connections... so perhaps there is a bigger picture
which I'm ignoring (eg mirror updates).

I would propose that a tool build the delta repository. No need for
humans to get involved in that activity.

I would also propose that only deltas against the RPMs in the original
distribution are produced.

Joe.