yum/python/sqlite b0rkage in Rawhide

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:45:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:25:28 +0100, Michael Schwendt
<fedora at wir-sind-cool.org> wrote:
>I don't think so. Just for the record, SQLite 3.1.2 is the first stable
> version of the v3 series.

yeah even upstreams 3.1.5 release seems to be affected according to to
some ongoing testing by some people on irc. Appearently there has been
a change in the allowed sql syntax. Considering that 3.1.x is suppose
to be backwards compatible with the 3.0.x series, this feels like an
upstream bug to me.  Poking at the upstream bugzilla i see similar
issues regard some syntax regressions but not the exact problem being
experienced here.  It could be a bug.. or it could be a configurable
syntax parsing rule issue.

> Interestingly, the sqlite package now upgrades sqlite 2.8.16 from Fedora
> Extras. This creates a jump from libsqlite.so to libsqlite3.so and
> breaks ABI and API

Yeah thats a little added wrinkle for sure, consider this a wonderful
multiversion test case for Fedora Extras packaging guidelines.

-jef"names have been withheld to protect the innocent"spaleta