fedora-d-rh] Re: yum/python/sqlite b0rkage in Rawhide

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue Mar 15 07:29:59 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 15:15, R P Herrold wrote:
> The 'latest and greatest mentality' folks felt they knew best,
> and that 'there should be only one', that people should not
> use sqlite-2 under its previous name, and broke things
> without a transition plan.  Welcome to RawHide ;)

I'm wondering if a libsuch-and-suchX.Y naming policy would have just
made this an easy thing to deal with.  After re-packaging compat-db and
doing similar with tcl/tk backports to earlier Redhat flavors, I now
lean to the side that believes compat-type packages are *not* the way
to go. Compat packages are tarpits. (wrt a potential transition plan,
of course.)

--
-jeff