Kernel du Jour?

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 16:10:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:59:47AM -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
> Korg released YAKV this morning - 2.6.11.4 (unfortunately without a
> change log). Does this suggest a problem or is there a new release
> policy? Fedora rawhide - at least thus far - doesn't seem to have
> updated for any of the sub-versions. Is there a reason for that?

The four-part release numbers are (mostly) a new thing -- an effort
to provide stabilized branches between three-part releases on the
not-as-stable-as-it-used-to-be main 2.6 branch.

Dave Jones will have to speak on the policy we have or will adopt
regarding taking updates from four-part releases...  Either way,
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at redhat.com