A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 12:26:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:07 +0000, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> Looking at the size of the updates directory of the FC3/i386 (8GB+) I
> doubt that mirror maintainers would notice another GB or two.

Don't you believe that.  Many of the smaller mirrors are really hurting
under Fedora at present - the damn distribution is growing at a horrific
rate.  Now the best thing would be to lose the DVD images (replace them
with jigdo templates), and even better the CD images too although it may
be harder to do this with legacy expectations.  Every Fedora
distribution is currently triplicated - unpacked, CD isos and DVD isos
all containing the same data.

	Nigel.