packages list

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 11:06:16 UTC 2005

On 03/20/2005 12:20 AM, seth vidal wrote:
>>I for one would prefer your script. Shows useful information. I feel
>>that keeping it hidden on some closed server is a shame.
>

> How is it a closed server?? It's mirrored, everywhere. ANYONE can access
> the information. There's nothing closed about it at all.

You cut a bit too much from my post (actually part of Karel's post):

 >> If I will prepare nice web page for users only, I'm sure that I will use
 >> your script rather than my. (Hmm.. maybe we can for official fedora web
 >> pages use your repoview and for internal RH developers use my script
with all FC+RHEL...).

I understood (perhaps wrong) that Karel proposed hosting results of his
script on some internal RH server. Was I wrong?

Repoview of extras is of course open -- at least I could browse it :-) I
do not deny that there might be place for both, repoview and Karel's,
views of repositories. It does not even have to be on the same server.
Just to be clear: I like repoview. It's just Karel's script seems even
more useful to me.

>>Personally I really hate when people underestimate user's intelligence
>>-- have some faith!
>

> No, I've been a sysadmin for a long time and I've followed the HIG
> discussions with gnome. They're right, too much information overwhelms
> people. period.

There we go again -- being a long time (years!) believer in Gnome, that
it eventually gets to some good balance, I'm starting to loose my faith
:(( Lack of information is as bad as too much information (if not
worse). But let's just stop this discussion here. We won't get anywhere
and this mailing list definitely does not need a flamewar, does it? ;-)

Regards,
Dariusz